In this article, we will show you How to set up Apple pencil on iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil 2 and Apple Pencil are without a doubt some of the best Pencils you can get on a tablet.
Due to their quality and diverse features, they can easily be used as multi-purpose gadgets for drawing, note-taking, and other professional tasks. However, just like any other tablet’s stylus, it is not possible to use them without installation.
The 2 Pencils although very similar differ by a lot far than you may think. First, the Apple Pencil 2 is newer and more efficient than the Apple Pencil 1. However, it is more expensive and will not work with older iPad models.
Apple Pencil (1st Generation) vs Apple Pencil (2nd Generation)
The Apple Pencil 1 will work with older versions of iPads usually older than Apple iPad Pro 2018. These include
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
Apple Pencil (2nd Generation)
The Apple Pencil 2 is only compatible with newer versions of iPad Pro. You can use Apple Pencil (2nd generation) with these iPad models:
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation and later)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
How To Set Up Apple Pencil 2
Place your Apple Pencil 2 on the magnet on top of your Apple iPad Pro. Tap to connect to Pair the Pencil and Apple iPad Pro. These simple steps will connect the Apple Pencil to your tablet. If for some reason it does not work try to check the below options.
How to charge your Apple Pencil
The first way to charge is to remove the top lid and plug it into your iPad.
In your Pencil Box, the pen comes with a special adapter that connects to the top of the pen and then connected to any iPad charger.
Why is my Apple Pencil Not working
- Check whether your Pen is charged
- Make sure Bluetooth is on
- Check that the nib is screwed properly
- Disconnect and Reconnect your Apple Pencil 2