In this article, I will explain How to print from iPad to HP printer in 2 different ways. Apple devices come with Airprint integrated in their system.
How to print from iPad Using AirPrint
First, connect your iPad and HP printer to the same WIFI network.
Step 1: Turn on WIFI on your iPad. For new iPad models, just swipe down from the top menu. For older iPad models swipe up from the bottom to access the control center. Toggle on WIFI.
Step 2: Check whether the common network is checked on your iPad.
Step 3: Restart your printer to verify the wireless network connection is set up correctly. If your printer has a touch screen option, just go to set up and turn on wireless connection.
If the light next to the Wireless connection option is consistent and not blinking, the connection is ok.
Step 4:If you notice it blinking mostly in orange, something is wrong. Reconnect the printer to the WIFI network. Check the proximity of the printer to the WIFI router. (Move it closer)
Step 5: Reconnect the printer to the network by going to Setup> Wireless Network> Setup wizard. Input your network username and password.
What if my Printer does not have a touchscreen function
If your printer doesn’t have a touchscreen, follow the below steps.
- Step 1: Press and hold the Wireless button for about five seconds. The light starts flashing on the printer.
- Step 2: Press and hold the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your Wi-Fi router for about two minutes.
- Step 3: The printer’s light will stop flashing once the connection is established.
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch
How to connect for Unique HP Printer Models
If you own unique models like the HP Deskjet 6000, HP Deskjet 6400, ENVY 6000, ENVY 6400 or Tango follow the below steps.
- Step 1: Press and hold both the Wi-Fi and Power buttons around the back of the printer.
- Step 2: Hold them down for five seconds until you see a flashing blue light.
- Step 3: Press and hold the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router for about two minutes.
- Step 4: You will notice the blue light on the printer stop flashing when the connection is successfully made.
HP ENVY 6455e Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
How to print from iPad to HP printer
Step 1: Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPad
Step 2: Check the Network
Step 3: Restart and Verify Printer Connection
Step 4: Troubleshoot Blinking Light
Step 5: Reconnect the Printer to the Network